Data Protection and Privacy
General Data collection
Effective Date: 31st May 2018
Academy Training Group Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information and we seek to ensure that we are transparent in outlining we collect, use, store and protect your personal information when you use our services.
For the purposes of the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the 'Data Controller' in relation to the processing of personal information about you is Academy Training Group Ltd, 1st Floor Metroline House, 118 College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BQ.The "Data Controller" means the person or organisation who decides the purposes for which and the way in which any personal data is processed.
This version number 1.0 is in line with the new GDPR guidelines.
What personal information do we collect from you?
- 1. As an online visitor of our Website http://www.academygroupuk.com/ there are many actions you will engage in that do not take any personal information from you.
- 2. When you engage in our services, the personal information we collect from you will vary depending on which services you engage us to deliver.
- 3. Personal data relates to any information about a natural person that makes you identifiable which may include, but is not limited to:
- 4. Your Name, contact address, telephone number, date of birth and email address.
- 5. Where applicable, personal information pertaining to your qualification history, employment status.
- 6. In certain circumstances Academy Training Group Ltd may seek additional personal information such as photocopies of identification documents, sight of original passport or driving license, National Insurance - NI details, or credit cards for example for identity verification or fraud prevention purpose.
- 7. We may additionally collect certain sensitive personal information from you about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data. However, we will only do so on the basis of your explicit consent.
- 8. By engaging in our services, you are consenting to us collecting and processing your personal information in line with applicable UK Data Protection legislation.
Why do we collect your personal information and how is this used?
- 1. In order for Academy Group Training Ltd to discharge the said services, we will only use this information subject to your instructions, Data Protection legislation and our duty of confidentiality.
- 2. Our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be strictly for purposes connected with the performance of our services to you. We will only process your information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
- 3. It will be necessary to obtain, process, store, and disclose personal data about you for education, training and employment-related purposes, including for research. This is strictly for the purposes of ensuring that you can start and complete your programme of learning, so that we can perform the said service provision obligations to you.
- 4. The data you supply will be used by the Skills Funding Agency to issue you with a Unique Learner Number (ULN) and share information about your learning. The Learner Registration Service (LRS) service is operated by the Skills Funding Agency for learners aged 14 years and over and learners registering for relevant post-14 qualifications. LRS offers a Learner Registration Service to allocate Unique Learner Numbers (ULNs) which enable the individual to access a Learner Record Service. The Learner Record Service will offer the Learner the facility to access their participation and achievement data via a website and to share this with other organisations and individuals where permission is granted. Further details of how your data is processed and shared can be found at https://lrs.education.gov.uk
- 5. We also may need to obtain, process, store and disclose your personal data pursuant to our legitimate interests such as investigating or handling complaints, and dealing with any legal issues.
How do we collect your personal information?
- 6. We collect information about you when you send an enquiry form via our Website, sign up for an event, complete a survey, giving feedback, report a problem, correspond with us by phone, e-mail, in writing or engage in face-to-face communications with us for instance.
- 7. Should you wish to proceed to enrol with the Academy Training Group Ltd, we collect personal information from you during the registration process, and where necessary at any point thereafter including registration with the relevant awarding body and subsequent allocation of your learner file, and at any point of our engagement where we have a legitimate interest to do so. This is strictly for the purpose of enabling us to aid you towards making progress with your qualification(s).
- 8. Website usage information is collected using cookies. "Cookies" are very small files that are sent by us to your computer or to other access device(s) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. Cookies and other tracking information can help to customise the Website for visitors, and are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website, and build up a demographic profile.
- 9. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the hep and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
- 10. When submitting forms on our website we use a third-party software provider for automated data collection and processing purposes, they will not use your data for any purposes and will only hold the data in line with our policy on data retention.
- 11. We use Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use our website so that we may make improvements and give visitors a better user experience.
- 13. IP addresses -An IP or Internet Protocol Address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the Internet. We do not have access to any personal identifiable information and we would never seek this information. Your IP address is logged when visiting our site, but our analytic software only uses this information to track how many visitors we have from regions.
- 14. Internet Based Advertising - We use LinkedIn and Facebook to advertise our services. We do not store any personal information within this type of tracking.
- 1. We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so. When you provide payment data in exchange for the services we provide, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- 2. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, Academy Training Group Ltd are required to disclose your personal information to a court of competent jurisdiction, legal regulatory bodies, our insurers or as part of an external peer review. Unless we are authorised by you to disclose information on your behalf, this undertaking will apply during and after the engagement of services.
- 3. Academy Training Group Ltd has a legitimate interest to share the personal information you provide to us with the relevant awarding organisations, certification bodies and end-point assessment organisations. We further share your personal information with the Chief Executive of Skills Funding ("the Agency") and, when needed, the Department for Education, including the Education Funding Agency to meet legal responsibilities under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009, and for the Agency's Learning Records Service (LRS) to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN).
- 4. As part of the services offered to you by Academy Training Group Ltd, it may be considered necessary to disclose your personal information to countries outside the European Union ("EU"), in the performance of our obligations to you. Should this arise, we seek to ensure we have appropriate safeguards in place so that your privacy rights continue to remain protected, as outlined in this policy. By submitting your personal information and continuing to engage in our services, you are agreeing to this disclosure, storing and processing.
- 5. We will not transfer your personal information outside the UK unless it is considered necessary to do so in the performance of our obligations to you. If your personal information is to be transferred outside the UK, we will not carry out such a transfer without obtaining your prior consent.
- 6. We may also consider it necessary to pass your personal information to third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations, for the purposes of completing tasks and providing the services to you on our behalf. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose. Should we use a third party service; we will only ever disclose the personal information that is necessary to deliver our services to you.
- 7. You have the right to positively opt-in as to whether you want any marketing information sent to you. Without your express consent, we will not share your personal information with third parties who may offer you their products and services for marketing purposes.
For more information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Google - http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
Communication between you and Academy Training Group Ltd is confidential. The personal information we have access to is limited to what is required to provide the services. However, whilst we are committed to ensure your personal information is kept secure, and that we will not sell, share or otherwise transfer any of your personal information to any third parties; it may be necessary to disclose such to any or a combination of the following:
Where is this personal information stored and how do we ensure that it is safeguarded? Academy Training Group Ltd hall comply, at all times, with the minimum security requires pursuant to the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 to ensure the safe transmission, storing, updating and deletion of your personal information in accordance to its retention period.
- 1. When you supply us with personal information, we take the necessary steps to safeguard its security, integrity and privacy.
- 2. We ensure that your personal information is stored on our secured server, which is located at our offices in London.
- 3. This can only be accessed by limited personnel of Academy Training Group Ltd to supply you with our services. It may also be made accessible to staff outside our offices who work for us i.e. system maintenance or technical problems.
- 4. We use a secured third party to process payments, and when you supply us with information such as your credit or debit card details, we take reasonable steps towards the safeguarding of this information. We encrypt your payment information via secure socket layer protection (SSL) to protect it from unauthorised use.
- 5. Unfortunately, we cannot however guarantee the complete and total safety of any information you exchange with us electronically, via the internet, as this is not a generally secure medium of communication.
- 6. Although we use security features to restrict access and prevent unauthorised use, we recommend that when you engage with us, all clients ought to keep their own account number and online log-in details confidential, as any transaction is at your own risk.
- 1. Where there is a contract between Academy Training Group Ltd and you, we will retain your personal information for the duration of the contract, and for a period of 6 years following its termination or expiry, to ensure that we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, or any orders from a competent court of relevant jurisdiction or authorities.
- 2. You have the right to be forgotten. You will have the opportunity to opt out or delete any personal information that we hold about you, at any point. You also have the right to stop using information about you for marketing purposes, and should we wish to use your personal information for these purposes, we will ask you to opt to give your consent. These details are set out in this policy, and subject to the below.
- 1. You have the legal right under the (UK) General Protection Regulation 2016/679 to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, at any given time.
- 2. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to us to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively write to us at the following address: Academy Group Training Ltd, 1st Floor Metroline House, 118 College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BQ.
- 3. This is subject to a fee of £10 to enable us to respond to your request promptly, within the prescribed 30 calendar days from the date of validation of your request, and to cover our administration costs involved.
- 4. We aim to maintain all personal records accurately and securely to a reasonable standard. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information that you think is inaccurate by emailing or writing to us at the above addresses.
- 5. It is your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal information if you feel the "ground relating to your particular situation" apply. The only reason we will be able to deny your request is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- 6. It is also your right to receive the personal information which you have given to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without delay from the current controller if: (a) The processing is based on consent or on a contract, and; (b) The processing is carried out by automated means.
- 7. Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you then please email or write to us at the above addresses.
How long will we hold your personal information for?
Objections to processing of your personal information